Saturday, December 3, 2011

Holiday Crafts: Lamp Silhouette

Hey Everyone!

The other day I decided the lamp in the corner of my living room needed some holiday flair. 

A little plain, right?

Reindeer have been speaking to me this year. Not literally... I have seen a few in the neighborhood, but none have struck up a conversation yet...                                                                                                                                                
Anyhoo, I went online and found some clip art I liked, blew it up and printed it out. I planned to simply tape the whole piece of paper in the shade and be done with it, but  you know these things are never that simple! First the printer skipped parts, which I filled in with marker, which it turns out is denser than printer ink, so I had to go back and fill the whole thing in. Then the edges of the paper showed, so I ended up having to cut it out...

Well anyway, in the end I quite liked the result!


Seasonal, but not too kitschy. Not that I'm against kitsch- HA!
I thought it could use a bit more of a colorful festive touch, so I wrapped some pink dupioni ribbon around the base.


And then promptly moved the TV in front of it to make way for the Christmas tree! Oops! Oh well, you can still see it from parts of the room...


In the meantime, while I was meticulously cutting out all those little antlers I decided to do it well enough that I would have the negative left for another project. Stay tuned to find out what I did with that! 
I'll give you a hint, it has to do with this. Can you possibly guess? 
: )

No comments: